Depending on the RMS platform that you use you may or may not need to install the RMSOnline Client, please refer to the point below to see if this applies to you.
If we are hosting your RMS database then you WILL NOT be required to install the RMSOnline Client. Once you have completed the setup checklist and required testing your system wil be live automatically.
If you host your own RMS database you WILL be required to install the RMSOnline Client.
The RMSOnline Client must be installed onto a computer that has 24/7 internet connection. The RMSOnline client should never be shut down.
1. Go to the RMS web page - www.rms.com.au
2. Log into Customer Service (bottom left corner) using your RMS Customer No. and Password
3. Go to the download button
4. Locate the download for RMSOnline Client
5. Click once on download and choose to save the file to your desktop
6. Once downloaded, locate the file named Online Client vx.xx.msi and double click on it.
7. Install the file changing no details and clicking Next.
Once installed the RMSOnline client should automatically start and minimize itself in the system tray. The image for the RMSOnline Client is a blue satellite dish.
You must now configure and synchronize your RMSOnline Client;
1. Double click on the icon for the RMSOnline Client from your system tray (bottom right corner of your screen)
2. Choose Tools
3. Choose Options
4. Go to the Database Tab
5. Enter your SQL Login details
6. Select the SQL Server from the drop down list
7. Select your database name from the drop down list
8. Click once on Save then Exit.
Now that your RMSOnline Client is configured you must now complete a full property synchronize;
1. Click once on Synchronize
2. Click once on full property
This process can take up to 5 minutes to run, please be patient. When complete you will see a line in the message screen 'Upload completed'.
You can now proceed to testing your online page.
This is what was achieved and what was omitted in this tutorial.